Buying with Oldham Auctions
On-line Auction Information:
Online Auctions are held on location at our facility in Odessa, the seller’s home, place of business, farm, or other desired location throughout Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
Buying With Oldham Auction From An Online Auction:
- Items Being Sold: Everything is sold as-is, but we try to provide the best description possible on the items being sold, and disclose any problems that the seller has made us aware of.
- Additional Fees: There is a 10% Buyer’s premium on any item sold online, not to exceed $1,000 per item. In some cases sales tax will be added (5.85%), depending on the type of auction being conducted. An additional 3.5% is charged for any credit card transaction. There are shipping and handling cost, please read below. Be sure to read the terms of each particular auction prior to bidding.
- Register: In order to bid on items, you must register with us through our website. After completing the registration and credit card authorization is approved, your bidding privileges will be activated for all of our on-line auctions unless it is denied due to prior circumstances or incomplete registration.
- Security: Our secure website is hosted with Amazon servers and meets federal PCI compliance laws.
- How To Bid: Please use Google Chrome web browser when bidding or browsing from a desktop or laptop computer. If you prefer using a mobile device (phone or tablet), it is recommended that you download the free "Oldham Auctions" app from your app store. Click Here To Download Our App
- Types Of On-Line Auctions: Our system allows us to conduct "timed" on-line auctions, and "virtual" on-line auctions. Timed on-line auctions usually accept bids for 2-3 weeks and start closing out on a designated day/time 1-5 items per minute. Virtual on-line auctions typically include live audio & video while the items are being sold. In most cases buyers will have the option to pre-bid on items 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the virtual auction if they are not able to participate.
- Accepted Payment: Cash or credit card payment must be made on the day of the scheduled pick-up before loading-out. Certain items will not be allowed to leave the property until funds have cleared Oldham Auctions account. Credit cards will be charged the purchase price plus applicable fees for any unpaid invoices not paid in full on the scheduled day of pick-up. Non-Payment and/or insufficient funds will result in blocked bidding privilages for all future auctions
- Pick-up Date/Location: Please read the terms and details before bidding, each auction has a specific pick-up date & pick-up location. Fees are added for items not picked up within the stated time. If you have special needs or physical disabilities, please contact us prior to arrival at the pick-up location and we will ensure access is available.
- Auction Preview: Oldham Auctions always offers a "preview" for all of our on-line auctions. Each auction has a specific preview day/time, this is your opportunity as a buyer to inspect the items that you are interested in bidding on.
- Terms and Conditions: It is the buyers responsibility to read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of each auction prior to bidding. Agreeing to the terms is a legal binding contract.
- Shipping/Handling: Shipping and handling is available for certain items that are accepted by USPS and/or UPS. Buyers requesting shipping should contact Oldham Auctions prior to bidding with the lot number you are interested in. Shipping costs are based on USPS & UPS shipping rates. The following “handling” fee is applied if buyers have their purchase relocated to our facility, or shipped to your home/office.
- 10 lbs or Less = $10.00 per Invoice (Plus Shipping Cost If Needed)
- 11 lbs to 25lbs= $15.00 per Invoice (Plus Shipping Cost If Needed)
- 26 lbs to 50lbs= $20.00 per Invoice (Plus Shipping Cost If Needed)
- 50 lbs or More= Call For Estimate Before Bidding
If you need a LARGE item or something shipped that is not accepted through UPS or USPS, you will need to make arrangements with a freight company of your choice.
Purchases relocated to our headquarters warehouse or left behind will be charged an additional $8 Per Day “Storage Fee” plus "Handling Fee". All items will be considered abandoned after 30 days with no entitlement of any refunds to the original buyer.
Traditional Live Auction Information:
Traditional “Live” Auctions are held on location at the seller’s home, place of business, farm, or other desired location throughout Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
Buying With Oldham Auctions From A Traditional Live Auction:
- Auction Items: Everything is sold as-is, but we always try to disclose any problems that the seller has made us aware of.
- Fees: The only fees you are responsible for is 3.5% credit card transactions (if used for payment), or if sales tax is required. The 10% buyers premium is only applicable for on-line bids, and absentee/proxy bids.
- Bidding: For some live auctions we offer on-line bidding and/or absentee bids for certain items of higher value. Absentee bids may be left with us, but must be settled immediately following the auction. Auction registration is required for all online and absentee bids
- Payment: Cash or credit card payment must be made on day of the auction before loading-out. Certain items will not be allowed to leave the property until funds have cleared Oldham Auctions account.
- Auction Terms and Conditions: It is the buyers responsibility to read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of each auction prior to bidding. Agreeing to the terms is a legal binding contract.
- Special Needs Access: If you have special needs or physical disabilities, please contact us prior to the start of the auction and we will ensure access is available.
- Concession & Restrooms: In most cases food and restrooms will be available at our live auctions
- Parking & Loading: Every auction is different, call or email Oldham Auctions if you have any questions.